Wednesday 13 April 2011

Day 34: Realisations

I've been in Korea for more than a month now. Re-reading my entries in this blog, I realised and perhaps remembered again why I'm here and still here. It's a dream of 2 years. And when you have spent enough time being lost, you just want to find the destination.

A lot of people, including my family members would probably think I'm crazy, rash, unreasonable, insensitive, etc to continue being in Korea when there are more pressing things to see to: 2AM merchandise spree, AC hoodies, etc. But to be honest, if I had gone back when I'm supposed to, I think I'd regret it. Yes, I'm apologetic towards people who trusted me to bring the merchandise back and give it out to them on time. But at the end of it, once I have finished distributing those items, I would ask myself "what's next?".

Am I making excuses for my actions? Maybe I'm giving an explanation. You have read about my desire to come to Korea. I didn't want this trip to be in vain. I wanted a way out. The only way is to make sure that I act instead of talking about it. Ask yourself when was the last time you really wanted to do something yet when presented with the opportunity, you told yourself, "never mind, there's always a next time."

When you are 8, the 'next times' come quick and easy.
When you are 18, 'next time' comes quick but not as easy.
When you are 28, 'next time' is not something you would consider. You would just grab anything that comes your way. Because you would think that you don't have time anymore.

Anyway, through these 34 days, I have met many people/travellers.

Some came here, knowing it's a temporary respite, a holiday.
Some came here, knowing this is just a stop and where they are heading next.
Some came here, not know where they are going at all.

Some I talked to about my dreams. It might sound crazy but maybe it's the way I said it, people ended up cheering me on, praying for me, helping me along the way. It's actually quite amazing. Some listened to my story and probably would think that I'm derisive but I believe, one day down the road, they would remember that they once heard a crazy story and hopefully find some kind of hope in it.

No comments: