Sunday 24 April 2011

Life in Korea: Buying Plus Size Clothes in Korea

Where to buy clothes that fits me is always a big question mark, even in Singapore. The problem becomes more glaring when I'm in Korea. It is difficult to find clothes that fit me. So in the end, I turned to the only source that I'm familiar with - Google and searched for plus-size clothes for women. And from a forum, I saw a recommendation for OKBT in Itaewon so I decided to try my luck. I was getting tired of seeing myself in just jeans. So I thought if I could get some legging it would be great.

So I left Kimchi Hostel and went to take the subway train to Itaewon. I couldn't find the shop in the first round of walking around with the limited instruction that was posted in the forum and I can't remember the shop name as well. I took a rest in Starbucks then walked back towards the station on the other side of the road. I was about to give up hope when I finally saw the sign!! So I went up and I found the shop.


New World Plaza
2F Itaewon-dong 119-26
Yongsan-gu, Seoul

Subway: Itaewon Station, Exit 1.
Walk in the direction AWAY from Hamilton Shopping Center

The shop is not fanciful but it serves its purpose which was to provide clothes for plus-sized women. I asked if she had leggings (which was my goal) and when she said yes, I was so relieved. She found the leggings, and I tried them on and it fits!! So I bought 2 of those and walked around a bit more. I didn't see anything I fancy at the moment but I wasn't really looking for anything to buy at the moment.

At least now I know if I were looking for something to wear, I know where to look for it!

5 comments:

Jin said...

Yes, there're shops.
One of my best friend used to go some shops in Itaewon, and sometimes I joined her, but don't remember exactly which one.
If you want, I will ask my friend.

icyaries said...

hi, is dere still anymore shops tat sells plus size clothing?

plus size clothing australia said...

Thanks for the info. I would be great to check out some plus size clothing.

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Hayley, I have lots of lovely plus size clothing to sell. I know how hard it is to find plus size clothing in Korea. I can send photos, also you can come and have a look at everything. I live in singal on the bundang subway line
hay_angel25@hotmail.com

Raghuram Astrologer said...

I wanted to rid of finding great articles and I found you now I got rid of finding blog after you. Good post and please post more articles.
Palmistry Reading Consulting Services in Toronto | Negative Energy Removal Experts in Canada | Fortune Teller in Toronto