Thursday 21 April 2011

Life in Korea: the famous Lamb

I love coffee. A few people had gone for coffee sessions with me back in Singapore (yes, Lynda, I'm talking about you!) In Korea, I got to know Yoon unnie (who I will introduce in a separate entry) and she brought me to this coffee joint, the famous Lamb that is near to both Kimchi Hostel and Hong Guesthouse. It's nearer to Kimchi actually, like 2 streets away and on the way to Hongik University Subway station.


the famous Lamb
Seoul, Mapo-gu
Donggyo-dong
203-30


the famous Lamb is one of the many coffee joints other than the main commercial brands that you can find in Seoul. But what I like about this place is

1. the coffee isn't too expensive,
2. free refills (select from their hand-drip coffee menu and Americano) after ordering the first drink,
3. free WiFi,
4. friendly staff
5. near to Kimchi Hostel where I'm staying so I don't have to walk too far away.


So today, I came to the famous Lamb with Danny to study Korean after lunch. Didn't really manage to study a lot since I had to do other stuff as well. But I'm reminded of the days back in Singapore where I would just pack my laptop and go to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and get some writing done. Maybe I would make this a daily routine instead of just staying at Kimchi the whole day. It's becoming a joke that I'm there longer than the staff who works there.

No, I didn't get a free cup of coffee for writing this. It's a nice and cozy place and since this is all about my life in Korea, I have to write it down.

No comments: