Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day3-6: A Summary

Day 3: 2AM Day. You can find my account of watching 2AM Encore Concert in the IAM for 2AM forum.

Day 4-5: Wasn't feeling too good and the weather was too cold + I had the room to myself so I stayed in and watched My Princess. I know.. what a waste of time right? But I did go to the neighbourhood to get hot drinks, food, what nots. Day 5, I also went to the World Cup Stadium and the Home Mart. Home Mart reminds me of the one that Kwon and Ga In went to. Looks similar. But I guess all mega-marts are similar.

Day 6: The Day I saw snow!!!

So I decided I have wasted enough of my tourist time and decided to drag myself out of the room today and out into the streets. Decided to go to visit the palaces today so I looked at the map, planned my route and off I went. I only managed to go to one today - Chang Deok Gong which is near Insa-dong. The palace closed at 5pm. I was there at 4.30pm. Anyway, it was rather empty but the walk in the cold was actually nice. So I really didn't mind it being a short visit.








Highlight of today's trip in that area: I saw snow! I have never seen snow in my entire life and I saw it today so understandably, I was excited like a child. When I first realised that it's snowing, I actually stopped in the middle of the road at the side to take a picture. The driver saw snow and said 'It's snowing?' And I just replied 'ne~'. I walked further into the area and went into one of the quaint coffee places, ordered a cup of coffee and just watched the snow while listening to 2AM's 'The Greatest Love'. It was a great way of spending the time. When I got out, that was when I managed to take some pictures of the snow. Gorgeous magical moment!!




I decided that I shall be adventurous and take a bus. Seriously, if I get lost, I'd just get down and take another bus or just get down where there's a subway station. So I got onto a bus thinking it would take me back to Hong Dae but lo and behold, it didn't! It passed by Dongdaemun but I didn't get down, took me back to where I got onto the bus and the bus went all the way to EunPyeon (I think) bus depot! hahah!! It was so hilarious to me!! Seriously I mean, yea, if that's the case, just go and see what bus to take back right? So I went to the bus in front and asked the driver where to take the bus from. In Korean. ahahah! So proud of myself. bwahahha!

But in all honesty I think I saw more of the city in a bus than on the subway. I mean in the subway, there's no sight to see. People might think it's a waste of time to take a bus but seriously, sometimes you might end up in places where the subway won't be able to take you. Maybe because I know how to read Korean so I'm not as intimidated. *shrug*

I had fun today despite not having done too much fun stuff. But getting lost and finding my way again, to me, was fun.

No comments: