Thursday 17 March 2011

Day 7: I Did It!

I just sent in my application to Big Hit Entertainment like 5 minutes ago, around 9.30pm, 17 March 2011. I applied for Overseas Business/Fan Management. My bilingualism should come in handy for these two areas. Whatever it is, I have done something about it instead of just talking about it. So to me, that's a big step.

I have never been able to write a cover letter for all the previous jobs I applied. Then again, for teaching in Singapore, you don't really need a cover letter. I guess for once I really feel that the skills I possess is really of some use to the organisation. I just hope they won't throw my application into the rubbish bin seeing that it's all in English. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, today I went in search of the shop that sells BANC hoodies/t-shirts. Let's just say I travelled quite a distance but only managed to get two of the items so I'm going to go get the rest online later. But it gave me a chance to travel out of the popular spots and head to a quieter part of Seoul(?).







So according to this picture, I was at Munjeong or GaRak Market. It might look like a quiet neighbourhood but they have Lotte Mart there so it can't be all that quiet. If you ever come to Seoul, this is somewhat worth paying a visit. There are quite a number of shops that sell sport brands. I was SO tempted to buy the Big Bang Fila shoes. There were a little over S$50 but well..

I went to Lotte Mart for dinner. At their food court, you order your food and pay first then wait for the shop to call your number. I was looking round for a drinks store but there was none. Then I realised there's a water station where they provide sterilised cups and water coolers. So maybe that's why the Koreans are so healthy. Seriously, they just don't make those carbonated/sweet drinks too readily available. And seriously, the food is good and not too expensive. This meal cost me 6,500won, which is around S$7.50. But since I'm eating one meal a day so it's pretty ok.



When I got out of the mall after dinner, the sun was setting and I thought this was really pretty.



I was in the Jamsil area after that. I remember reading something about river cruise and I was going to try that but well, no luck. So I still need to visit Han River and Namsan tower, as well as Dongdaemun, jimjibang and perhaps Paldang or Busan. We'll see.

Man. One week passed so fast!! I don't want to go back! I like it here. Seriously I really don't feel like a tourist but more of like someone who's getting her footing having just moved to a new place. I hope that would really be the case soon. *fingers crossed*

No comments: